Monday, June 2, 2008

My Twelve Year Old Self


One of my favorite things about living in Sandy, Utah is the view of Twin Peaks and Lone Peak. There is a nature preserve in the city called Granite Park, which is pretty large and consists of a variety of trails and native vegetation to the area. I am grateful for those that have the foresight to set aside such pieces of land. I have been spending quite a bit of time in the park taking pictures of the mountains.

As lighting is crucial to a good photo, I am always trying to get in the right spot at the right time. Sunrise and the alpenglow are two of my favorite times of the day. Even more, there are subdivisions that line the preserve, so it takes some work to get a picture without the houses in it. The result: there are times that I am running all over the area trying to get just the right shot. It reminds me of what I was like when I was around 12 years old and laugh to think what others who might see me might think! I guess that 12 year old knew when he was in his element. I am glad that the 31 year old version of me still has part of the 12 year old version in him.

1 comment:

The Casper Cousins said...

This is a beautiful shot!!!
Can you believe I have a blog?!