Monday, May 5, 2008

Mountains and Light: The Blog


Since starting up Jeremiah S. Perryman Fine Art and http://www.jperryman.com/, I have thought about also starting a blog to help share the thoughts and feelings behind the art and to provide the viewer with greater insight into me, the artist.

I have decided to call the blog Mountains and Light. Mountains, because most of my art is inspired by the beauty and joy that I find in them. Light, because without it, everything is meaningless. Obviously, I am refering to more than just the visible light we see, although that is an important element of art. I also mean the light that my faith, family and friends help shed on my life. I believe that it is this latter type of light that makes art great. My ulitmate goal is to be able to reflect beauty that is not only seen, but felt. The artists I admire the most do this.

I hope you enjoy the future posts of this blog.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah Perryman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw a quote recently that reminded me of Jeremiah's art: "There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect." This was by G.K. Chesterton and I thought it was very reflective of the ability and passion that Jeremiah has for his art.